Halloween is fun for us, and sometimes scary for pets. Here are some tips to keep Fido and Fluffy safe on October 31st.
• Candy is not for pets. Chocolate can be lethal to pets. Candies containing the artificial sweetener xylitol is also dangerous.
• Secure your pet in the home. Pets should not be left outside and should be secure in the home due to the opening and closing of doors to greet the trick-or-treaters. Also, costumes can “spook” pets.
• Keep plants away from pets. Small amounts of corn or pumpkin may not be dangerous, but ingesting uncooked portions could be hazardous.
• Keep candle lit pumpkins and electric and battery powered decorations out of reach.
• While it may look cute to us, all pets do not like to wear costumes. Do a trial run before the big day.
• As always, make sure your pets have proper identification. Collars, tags and microchips.
Have a safe and fun Halloween!
Suzy The Groomer